ASSOCIATIONS AND CONFERENCE KEYNOTE SPEAKER
Associations and conferences are facing threats and disruptions to their core business models and ways in which they deliver value to members. For a customized keynote that is energizing, impactful, and actionable – book Kaihan for your next association event or conference.
TOP ASSOCIATIONS AND CONFERENCE KEYNOTE SPEAKER
Kaihan Krippendorff is a natural convener of people and business leaders. The founder of an exclusive membership network of strategists, Kaihan lives and breathes in the world of bringing members together to help each other grow, share new ideas, solve complex problems, create ecosystems, and direct the future of their respective industries. His customized keynote speeches not only inspire creativity, but offer a practical approach and tools for each individual participant to take back to their organization and drive individual results.
Associations and conferences are experiencing dramatic change and disruption. Hybrid events, Data-driven decision making, the search for new revenue streams, diversity equity and inclusion are all top of mind. When change happens there is opportunity to re-imagine business models, re-think how you engage members & employees, re-evaluate what impact your organization has on the world, and develop creative solutions to complex problems.
Throughout his career as a consultant, keynote speaker, and founder of the Outthinker Strategy Network (a network of Chief Strategy Officers and Executives from Fortune 500 and private companies with $1B+ revenue), Kaihan Krippendorff has worked with some of the biggest associations and conferences in the world: IMEX, PCMA, Meeting Professionals International, the American Physical Therapy Association, the National Electrical Contractors Association, the Society for Human Resource Management, the American Bar Association, the American Chemical Society, the National Restaurant Association, the Association of Equipment Manufacturers, the Association of Union Constructors, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, the Professional Beauty Association, the Truckload Carriers Association, the Car Wash Association, and the Envelope Manufacturers Association.
Selecting the right keynote speaker for your association event is one of the most important decisions you will make this year. Content, energy, ability to connect to an audience, and actionability are all important factors to consider. Former McKinsey Consultant, NYU Professor, bestselling author, and globally recognized authority on strategy, growth, and transformation, Kaihan Krippendorff will make your event an undeniable success with a customized association keynote that leverages his unique perspective and deep experience in the industry.
The time to act is now. Don’t just be a Thinker. Be an Outthinker.
An active leader in the associations and conferences, Kaihan brings deep industry experience, proprietary research, and exclusive insights to every keynote he delivers.
- COVID-19 had a devastating effect on the conferences and associations industries. As of March 2020, organizations had to quickly pivot to virtual events.
- The lack of physical barriers, including travel, travel time, and travel expenses have created 80 percent growth in new and untapped audiences for virtual events (Source).
- As the world opens up, virtual events will continue, but there will be an increasing shift to hybrid events. Communities will begin to interact through a combination of virtual and face-to-face experiences that improve efficiencies of both models (Source).
- Associations face shifting demographics and an increased focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- The pivot to virtual events and education has changed the value proposition for the members of associations. While live events are coming back, members have now become accustomed to receiving virtual content and education. Members expect a blend of live and virtual programming.
- The advent of virtual association programming has created an opportunity for associations to provide cutting-edge, current content to members and attendees on a regular basis. This is a unique opportunity for associations to become more relevant to existing and future members and audiences.
Trends in the Association and Conference Sector
The Outthinker 8P framework – opportunities for disruption and innovation for associations and conferences
- “Holoportation” is expected to grow and allow thought leaders to present themselves at conferences at a fraction of the cost (Source).
- Microsoft Mesh is a collaborative technology that allows users to have shared virtual experiences on a variety of devices, including VR, PC, and HoloLens (Source). Presenters can beam their avatars into a presentation space. Technology captures eye movements, facial expressions, and gestures (Source).
- Attendees are able to see, hear, and interact with the presenter while the presenter feels that they are in the physical space.
- A virtual events platform and video software startup valued at $5.65B (Source).
- Hopin has become one of the fastest-growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) companies by capitalizing on disruption and redefining how virtual events operate. (Source).
- Hopin Founder and CEO, Johnny Boufarhat, considers using Zoom to be the equivalent of having an event in a conference room. Hopin wants to be an immersive, video-first platform for engaging virtual and hybrid events, especially for groups with more than 20 participants. (Source).
- The platform, designed to feel like an in-person experience, provides opportunities for networking and one-on-one conversations. Other offerings include virtual roundtables, keynote stages, backstage areas for speakers, and expo breakout rooms. (Source).
- Determined that their membership model was outdated. Dues were based on duration of membership, not how members interacted with the association.
- The group conducted qualitative and quantitative research to get to know their audience and the expectations that members have for their membership. They also interviewed potential members and found that they resisted joining because they did not have the necessary qualifications. By the time they gained those qualifications, they no longer needed the membership offerings.
- After the study, they shifted to a three-tiered model, which is treated as a progression. In the “Learn” stage, potential members can access a number of resources for free. When they are ready to join, they move to the “Subscribe” phase, which includes additional resources, a digital magazine, and monthly speaker recordings. When a member commits to the “Join” stage, there are three membership levels to choose from, based on how they want to engage with the group (Source).