CONSUMER PACKAGED GOODS KEYNOTE SPEAKER
Consumer packaged goods is being disrupted and changing faster than ever before. For a customized keynote that is energizing, impactful, and actionable – book Kaihan for your next CPG event or conference.
TOP CONSUMER PACKAGED GOODS CPG KEYNOTE SPEAKER
The CPG industry is experiencing dramatic changes and disruptions. The movement to online shopping, digitization, subscription models, Direct to Consumer (DTC), and sustainable and responsible packaging are all top of mind. When change happens there is opportunity to re-imagine business models, re-think how you engage employees, re-evaluate what impact your organization has on the world, and develop creative solutions to complex problems.
Throughout his career as a consultant, keynote speaker, and founder of the Outthinker Strategy Network (an exclusive network of Chief Strategy Officers and Executives from Fortune 500 and private companies with $1B+ revenue), Kaihan Krippendorff has worked with some of the biggest brands in consumer-packaged goods including: Kraft, L’Oreal, Johnson & Johnson, Nestle, Purina, Colgate, Kellogg’s, and Reynold’s Brands.
Selecting the right keynote speaker for your CPG event is one of the most important decisions you will make this year. Content, energy, ability to connect to an audience, and actionability are all important factors to consider. Former McKinsey Consultant, NYU Professor, bestselling author, and globally recognized authority on strategy, growth, and transformation, Kaihan Krippendorff will make your event an undeniable success with a customized CPG keynote that leverages his unique perspective and deep experience in the industry.
The time to act is now. Don’t just be a Thinker. Be an Outthinker.
An active leader in CPG, Kaihan brings deep industry experience, proprietary research, and exclusive insights to every keynote he delivers.
KAIHAN'S CONSUMER PACKAGED GOODS (CPG) INSIGHTS AND PERSPECTIVE
- Shopping for consumer goods increased by 50 percent in 2020, with the majority of sales occurring in eCommerce channels (Supermarket News, Nielsen).
- In the year ended September 2020, consumer preference for in-store grocery pickup options increased by 26 percent (Supermarket News, Nielsen).
- In the year ended November 30, 2020, online food and beverage sales, including grocery and restaurant delivery and pickup options, increased 125 percent to $106B (Bringoz).
- CPG food and beverage online sales are forecasted to grow into a $103B market by the end of 2021, the largest CPG segment (Supermarket News, NielsenIQ).
- The CPG industry grew 10.3 percent in 2020, with private-label products (store brand) accounting for 18 percent of that growth (Bloomberg).
Trends in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG)
The Outthinker 8P framework – opportunities for disruption and innovation in CPG
- Instacart offers a grocery delivery and pickup service with a variety of options and packages for customers.
- In addition to groceries, Instacart shoppers can visit locations such as Best Buy, Big Lots, and Sephora based on the requests of customers.
- Instacart simplifies the ordering process by giving customers the option to pre-select items for shoppers, so that changes can be made independently of customer interaction (Fast Company).
- The Instacart interface has four access points: customers, shoppers, advertisers, and retailers. Recently, Instacart enhanced advertisers’ ability to engage with their customers directly through the Instacart application, leading to higher sales and increased loyalty (Forbes).
- Loop is an online platform providing popular goods, like food and makeup, in reusable packaging via a subscription-based service (Fast Company).
- Loop has partnered with companies and brands like Ulta, Febreze, Crest, and Purina to deliver their products to customers at home; the products are packaged in sustainable, reusable packaging made from aluminum, glass, and plastic (Loop).
- After picking up empty containers from customers’ households for free, Loop cleans and sanitizes containers to be reused for other deliveries.
- In order to protect against loss, Loop holds customer deposits until containers are returned and then automatically refunds the deposits. (Loop).