REAL ESTATE AND CONSTRUCTION KEYNOTE SPEAKER
Real Estate and construction is being disrupted and changing faster than ever before. For a customized keynote that is energizing, impactful, and actionable – book Kaihan for your next real estate or construction event.
TOP REAL ESTATE KEYNOTE SPEAKER
The real estate and construction industries are experiencing dramatic change and disruption. Digitization, AR-VR, automation and robotization, COVID impacts on workplace conditions/site layout, and the impact of inflation, affordability and corporate relocations are all top of mind. When change happens there is opportunity to re-imagine business models, re-think how you engage employees, re-evaluate what impact your organization has on the world, and develop creative solutions to complex problems.
Throughout his career as a consultant, keynote speaker, and founder of the Outthinker Strategy Network (an exclusive network of Chief Strategy Officers and Executives from Fortune 500 and private companies with $1B+ revenue), Kaihan Krippendorff has worked with some of the biggest brands in real estate and construction including: Realogy, American Tower, Better Homes and Garden, Suffolk Construction, The Association of Union Constructors, Coldwell Banker, Realogy, ERA, National Electrical Contractors Association, Sotheby’s, Corcoran, Century 21, and Prologis.
Selecting the right keynote speaker for your real estate and construction event is one of the most important decisions you will make this year. Content, energy, ability to connect to an audience, and actionability are all important factors to consider. Former McKinsey Consultant, NYU Professor, bestselling author, and globally recognized authority on strategy, growth, and transformation, Kaihan Krippendorff will make your event an undeniable success with a customized real estate and construction keynote that leverages his unique perspective and deep experience in the industry.
The time to act is now. Don’t just be a Thinker. Be an Outthinker.
An active leader in real estate and construction, Kaihan brings deep industry experience, proprietary research, and exclusive insights to every keynote he delivers.
KAIHAN'S REAL ESTATE AND CONSTRUCTION INSIGHTS AND PERSPECTIVE
- The construction industry was valued at $900B in Q1 2020.
- There were 7.64 million employees in construction at the beginning of 2020—a record high since 2008.
- COVID-19 exposure set the construction industry back two years in terms of GDP and employment gains (Deloitte).
- COVID-19 has accelerated growth in the suburbs, most notably in Sunbelt markets (PwC).
- Fifty percent of buyers use the internet to search for a home; 93 percent of people under 36 years old use the internet to search before making a home purchase (NAR).
Trends in Real Estate and Construction
The Outthinker 8P framework – opportunities for disruption and innovation in real estate and construction
- ICON developed a 3D printer—the Vulcan—which, using specialized concrete, can print a house structure in 24 hours.
- The printing process is faster and more affordable than conventional labor, and cuts labor costs by 10-30 percent.
- ICON partnered with Community First! Village to 3D-print various buildings and homes in an Austin, Texas homeless community.
- They also partnered with New Story to construct 3D printed homes for homeless families in rural Mexico.
- ICON is now in discussions with NASA to develop a 3D printing construction system that would function in outer space—specifically on the moon—using space-borne materials (Fast Company).
- Zillow expanded out of its conventional model of connecting homebuyers to homesellers by purchasing homes from sellers and flipping them to buyers; this program was in 23 markets at the end of 2019.
- During the pandemic, Zillow also began to offer home loans and financing.
- Their innovative strategies doubled their 2018 revenue to $2.7B.