RETAIL KEYNOTE SPEAKER
Retail is experiencing an era of hyper-competition. Companies face existential threats from every direction. For a customized keynote that is energizing, impactful, and actionable – book Kaihan for your next retail event or conference.
TOP RETAIL KEYNOTE SPEAKER
Accelerating change and uncertainty for the future are hallmarks of the retail industry. Kaihan Krippendorff has delivered successful keynotes and workshops for some of the biggest brands in retail including: QVC, PVH, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Speedo, Verizon, McDonalds, CVS, and Ethical Acquisitions.
Omnichannel retail, new payment systems, personalized experiences, repurposing of storefronts, supply chain challenges, and labor shortages are all top of mind challenges facing retail. Now is the time to ensure your organization is prepared to think strategically, embrace creativity, and drive growth. When change happens there is opportunity to re-imagine business models, test new products, re-think how you engage employees, re-evaluate what impact your organization has on the world, and develop creative solutions to complex problems. Kaihan Krippendorff will bring your event to life with hand-crafted keynote on the future of retail for your organization.
Selecting the right keynote speaker for your retail event is one of the most important decisions you will make this year. Content, energy, ability to connect to an audience, and actionability are all important factors to consider. Former McKinsey Consultant, NYU Professor, bestselling author, and globally recognized authority on strategy, growth, and transformation, Kaihan Krippendorff will make your event an undeniable success with a customized retail keynote that leverages his unique perspective and deep experience in the industry.
The time to act is now. Don’t just be a Thinker. Be an Outthinker.
An active leader in retail, Kaihan brings deep industry experience, proprietary research, and exclusive insights to every keynote he delivers.
KAIHAN'S RETAIL INSIGHTS AND PERSPECTIVE
- Seventy-five percent of consumers prefer a personalized shopping experience (Retail42).
- Retailers saw a 35 percent increase in credit and debit card spending between January 2020 and January 2021 (McKinsey).
- As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, digital shopping saw a 50 percent increase year-over-year in revenue at the end of 2020; purchases stemming from social media references increased 104 percent (Salesforce).
- Between Q4 2018 and Q4 2020, the percentage of adults who purchased products directly through social media channels doubled from 13 percent to 25 percent (Salesforce).
- E-commerce sales are projected to pass $6.5T in 2022, to $7.3T in 2024 (Motley Fool).
- By 2040, 95 percent of all purchases will be made online (Retail42).
Trends in Retail
The Outthinker 8P framework – opportunities for disruption and innovation in retail
- Nike is restructuring its business model to satisfy a digital-first, direct-to-consumer strategy, ending partnerships with wholesale chains like Belk, Dillard’s, and Zappos (Fast Company).
- In 2020, the athletic and athleisure apparel company saw an 83 percent explosion in digital sales.
- During the pandemic, Nike connected with its customers with free training videos uploaded on YouTube, and made its Nike Training Club app free, gaining 25 million members in Q4 2020.
- Nike also released the Nike Experience app, which connected members in cities to weekly activities, in-house workshops, and events hosted by recognized athletes (Fast Company).
- Shopify provides e-commerce and point-of-sale services to retailers.
- During the pandemic, Shopify targeted businesses most impacted by reduced foot traffic with a suite of tools to launch online retail operations “overnight” (Fast Company).
- In its Shop app, Shopify made local businesses visible to online shoppers in an effort to reduce the impact of reduced foot traffic and to assist shoppers in supporting businesses in their communities.
- At the end of 2020, Shopify completed a deal to allow stores to accept payment through Alipay.
- Additionally, Shopify designed ways to display “shoppable ads” on TikTok, creating a direct sales channel between social media and seller (Fast Company).
- The gross merchandise value of products in circulation in Shopify reached $41.1B in Q4 2020, with their revenue skyrocketing to $2.93B, an 86 percent increase.
- More than 60 percent of consumers start their online shopping searches on Amazon.com.
- Amazon’s revenue from its marketplace sellers increased by more than 50 percent in 2020 compared to 2019 (ECommerce Times). Net sales increased 38 percent (Forbes).
- In 2021, the most successful brands will embrace Amazon and its e-commerce as a top channel and an extension of their own website (ECommerce Times).
- Amazon has opened its own salon to offer hair services with new technologies including augmented reality hair consultations, entertainment options on Amazon tablets, and point-and-learn QR codes to order items for home delivery (WSJ).